SYSTEM WARNING: 'date_default_timezone_get(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.' in '/usr/share/mantis/www/core.php' line 264
0004554: BCM 5788 - MantisBT
MantisBT - Endian Firewall
View Issue Details
Hardware related (kernel, drivers, hardware)
Fixed in Version
0004554: BCM 5788
Error at startup:
tg3: Problem fetching invariants of chip, aborting.
After start up, network adapters are unavailable.
Steps To Reproduce
This seems to fix the problem but only can be done after system has booted:
1. Connected an ASIX USB NIC and configured it as GREEN
2. Connected a Conexant USB ADSL Modem
3. Connect to the Endian and enable SSH
4. Connect via WinSCP
5. Edit /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf and add the following line at the end: install tg3 /sbin/modprobe broadcom; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install tg3
7. Edit /etc/modprobe.d/dist.conf and add the following lines at the end: install tg3 /sbin/modprobe broadcom; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install tg3;
install skfp /sbin/modprobe marvell; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install skfp. Note that these are two seperate lines!
10. Go into the "Network Configuration" menu on the dashboard and the NICs will be available to configure as you wish.
11. Remove the USB NIC if you wish.
I have tried this and it works, the cards I have are listed as follows in the lspci output: